- Chicago 8 City Consortium on Advanced Inquiry, Committee Chair
- Friday Social Forums with Mary Jane Jacob, Sullivan Gallery
Lectures + Talks
- The Stockyard Institute, A 20 Year Portfolio on Social Engagement, A+D Gallery Lecture Series, 623 S. Wabash, Rm 203, February 25, 2014 / 6:00-7:30.
- Exhibiting Socially Engaged Art: A Chicago Case Study, Hilton Chicago, 2nd floor, International North, February 14, 2014 / 9:30-12:00
- Art and Social Entrepreneurialism, Hilton Chicago, Lobby Level, Continental A, February 13, 2014 / 12:30-2:00.
- Convergence, Chicago Artist Coalition Gallery, 217 N. Carpenter, Chicago, 2013 6:00-8:00
- SPREAD, presentation on a local publishing platform, Rotary Club, 2013, Oak Park, IL
- The philosophy of the Stockyard Institute, National College of Art and Design, Dublin, Ireland, November 1, 2013 / 6:00-7:30.
- Open Exchange with Center for Art, Science & Knowledge at Bocconi University at DePaul University, April 5, 2013 / 9:00-11:00.
- Crafting a New Pedagogy: Connecting Students to Local and Global Issues Through the Arts, Monday, April 23, 2013, Chicago Cultural Center, The Garland Room, 1st Floor, 78 East Washington St. 6:00-7:30.
- Teaching Artist Development Project AIM, Columbia College, April 20, 2013.
- Visiting Artist, The Center Program, Hyde Park Art Center, March 11, 2013 / 6:00-9:00.
- Stockyard Institute – ArtLab, NIU Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL March 7, 2013 /1:00-4:00.
Constructions + Sculptures
- jolly romp, Hull House swing, 5/2014-5/2015
- Public Podium for 6018N, 2014
- wooden knuckles (prototype) 2014
- peace trophy (prototype) 2014
- Social Podium: A Public Rehearsal, Glass Curtain Gallery, Columbia. 2014
- FEND Home Gallery, Hyde Park, IL
- Teach, installation for the Southside Hub of Production.
- SALVE, a memorial sculpture for the Chicago Torture Justice Memorial, October 5-December 21, 2012.
- 043006, a memorial for Michael Piazza, Columbus Park installation
- Hold, Albany Park treatise box, North Branch Projects, March 17.
Exhibitions + Installations
- Proximity of Consciousness, Sullivan Gallery, 9/20-12/20, 2014
Art Expo, Navy Pier Chicago, 9/18-9/21, 2014
- jolly romp (swing) A Right to Play, Hull House, Chicago, May 1 2014.
- Social Podium: A Public Rehearsal, RISK: Empathy, Art and Social Practice, Glass Curtain Gallery, February 10-April 26, 2014.
- Teaching Resource Center, Southside Hub of Production, Chicago Artist Month Feature, October 20, 2012.
- ‘Teach’ installation for the Southside Hub of Production, May 15-July 31, 2012.
- pinata (1968) Pinatapalooza – curated by Dayton Castleman, Co-Prosperity Sphere, Chicago, April 14, 2012.
- Curator, The Chicago Project, the work of Watie White in Chicago, 2012.
- 043006 Home Knowledge Spectacular, North Branch Projects, Feb 11-Mar 18, 2012.
Writings + Publications
- DISCUSS: (3 essays) Dialogue from the Leaders in Social Practice, A Blade of Grass Foundation, NYC (2014). A Blade of Grass
- Stockyard Institute, SPREAD Issue #1: Senior Lunch Program Publishing Platform, Oak Park, IL (book released May, 2013)
- Duignan, Jim (2013) Questions of Authority: The Peace Warriors, Speak UP in the Hood, Denmark, January.
- Duignan, Jim (2012) Informal Art Education and Community Learning Primer, Fall / Winter.
- Duignan, Jim (2012) Community Preserves: Better Models to Access Land, Dialogue and the Imagination, Proximity Magazine 009.
- Social Justice & Art Education, (Eds.) J. Ploof, T. Quinn, L. Holtscritt, Routledge, (photograph)